Perhaps you are concerned that your milk supply is not sufficient to make your baby full. These worries are usually unfounded. Trust in Mother Nature – she has arranged things in such a way that mothers can nourish their children.
Tried-and-tested methods for stimulating milk production:
- Warm up your breast around ten minutes prior to feeding your baby.
- Regular feeding increases milk production. Supplementing with formula milk is usually not necessary. It can also be counterproductive to additionally give your baby water or tea. Remember: supplementing breastfeeding with formula milk is the first step to weaning!
- Do not remove your baby too early from the breast during feeding sessions.
- Ensure that you drink enough yourself! You should preferably drink still water, fennel tea, fruit or nursing tea.
- Try to rest and relax while breastfeeding.